View results from:
news in WordNet English dictionary
- information about recent and important events
"they awaited news of the outcome"
news intelligence tidings word
- the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins
"the judge conceded the newsworthiness of the trial"; "he is no longer news in the fashion world"
- information reported in a newspaper or news magazine
"the news of my death was greatly exaggerated"
- a program devoted to current events, often using interviews and commentary
"we watch the 7 o'clock news every night"
news program news show news
- informal information of any kind that is not previously known to someone
"it was news to me"
WordNet Lexical Database v3.0, © 2006 Princeton University
news in Webster's English dictionary
- A bearer of news; a courier; a newspaper.
- A report of recent occurences; information of something that has lately taken place, or of something before unknown; fresh tindings; recent intelligence.
- Something strange or newly happened.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, Public Domain
news in English Wiktionary
- (noun) New information of interest.
- (noun) Reports of current events broadcast via media such as newspapers or television.
Wiktionary, GNU Free Documentation Licence
This English dictionary allows you to
look up English keywords in several large English dictionaries at the same time.
These English dictionaries are currently available: WordNet English dictionary, Webster's unabridged English dictionary,
English wiktionary and Easton's bible dictionary.
This English dictionary contains about 300 000 unique keywords and about 600 000 unique definitions.
English example sentences containing
the entered keyword are also listed.
More definitions at: