View results from:
opposite word in WordNet English dictionary
- a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other
"to him the antonym of `gay' was `depressed'"
antonym opposite word opposite
WordNet Lexical Database v3.0, © 2006 Princeton University
'opposite word' English examples of use
- A new word processor was introduced
- An example sentence would show what this word means
- And I on the opposite shore will be , ready to ride and spread the alarm - Longfellow
- Can the child sound out this complicated word?
- Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word
- He gave her his word
- He spelled the word wrong in this letter
- I am not using the word pejoratively
More examples for 'opposite word'
- I could not get a word in edgewise
- In Farsi , you accent the last syllable of each word
- Let me introduce the word hypertext to mean a body of written or pictorial material interconnected in such a complex way that it could not conveniently be presented or represented on paper - -Ted Nelson
- She hung on his every word
- She mouthed a swear word
- The morpheme can be reduplicated to emphasize the meaning of the word
This English dictionary allows you to
look up English keywords in several large English dictionaries at the same time.
These English dictionaries are currently available: WordNet English dictionary, Webster's unabridged English dictionary,
English wiktionary and Easton's bible dictionary.
This English dictionary contains about 300 000 unique keywords and about 600 000 unique definitions.
English example sentences containing
the entered keyword are also listed.
More definitions at: